Job Title: Family Lawyer
We are searching for a dedicated and qualified family lawyer associate to join our dynamic law practice. You will essentially have your own practice. You will be required to bring in your own clients as well as receive clients from the firm and managing partners. You must be able to perform a range of responsibilities including meeting with clients to ascertain their needs, choosing the most appropriate course of action, and representing clients’ interests at meetings and in court.
To excel in this role, the successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with excellent negotiating and debating skills. All candidates must have a license to practice law in the Province of Alberta and be in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta.
Articling Students need NOT apply.
- Consulting with clients to ascertain the details and merits of each case
- Conducting research using legislation, case law, and other legal texts as sources to decide on a course of action
- Drafting legal documents including pleadings, contracts, and appeals
- Representing clients at meetings, hearings, and trials
- Advocating in the best interest of your client in each case
- Tracking and reporting on hours spent on each client file
- Keeping current of changes to legislation
- Accredited Law degree
- Licensed to practice law in the Province of Alberta
- 5+ years proven experience practicing as family law lawyer in good standing with the Alberta Law Society
- Familiarity with legislation and case law within Alberta and Canada
- The ability to understand financials both personal and corporate
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Perceptive and meticulous, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to regulate and perform under stress.
Submit Your Resume
Attention: Ronald S. Foster, K.C.
We thank all applicants in advance, only those with relevant and pertinent experience will be contacted.