NORMAL STEPS IN RESOLVING A FAMILY MATTER
- Client meets and retains their separate lawyer
- Client and lawyer discuss possible outcomes and strategies.
- Reciprocal Exchange of financial disclosure
- Followed by Interest based negotiations between lawyers and clients resulting in resolving interim matters leading to a final negotiated settlement.
- If a negotiated settlement on some or all issues is not possible, clients retain a neutral qualified mediator/arbitrator to assist in reaching a settlement or an Arbitration award.
- As a last resort, if mediation/arbitration is not an option, litigation involving formal Questioning, Court Applications, alternative dispute resolutions processes as mandated by the Court, and ultimately a Trial.